Experts encourage ‘cheating’ to help achieve diet-related resolutions, so Krispy Kreme ‘choco-fies’ four fan favorites for first time, beginning Jan. 14
NEW Rewards members will enjoy a FREE dozen Original Glazed® Doughnuts with the purchase of any dozen at regular price when they join Jan.14-27
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has a message for all Americans in the midst of New Year’s resolutions: Don’t Quit, Cheat Sweet!
By Monday, it’s likely a third of Americans will have already abandoned their New Year’s resolutions, and by the end of January up to half will have fallen out. But numerous experts say that “cheaters prosper” when it comes to keeping fitness- or diet-related resolutions.
“If you’re dieting, occasional indulgence is one of the keys to succeeding,” says nationally recognized registered dietitian and American College of Sports Medicine exercise physiologist Jim White.* “Allowing some indulgences provides a break from normal dieting without sabotaging your results. So, it’s not only OK to cheat as part of your resolution, it’s encouraged. I recommend that people treat themselves with the indulgences they crave most.”
According to a new national survey, chocolate is the top “crave flavor”for Americanstrying to stick to a fitness- or diet-related resolution. In the survey of 1,005 adults conducted in December 2018, 65 percent rated their crave for chocolate as “extreme” or “high” when thinking about their fitness- or diet-related New Year’s resolution.*
To feed that crave and help Americans not quit, Krispy Kreme for the first time ever is turning four of its classic filled doughnuts chocolate. Krispy Kreme’s all-new Chocolate Glaze Collection features the popular Cake Batter, Raspberry Filled, Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled and OREO® Cookies & KREME™ doughnuts “choco-fied” with chocolate dough and mouthwatering chocolate glaze. Available Jan. 14 through 27 at participating Krispy Kreme shops throughout the U.S. and Canada:
- Chocolate Glazed Cake Batter Doughnut: A chocolatey spin on the popular Cake Batter Doughnut, this new doughnut features a chocolate doughnut filled with yummy cake batter, glazed in chocolate, dipped in chocolate icing and topped with sprinkles.
- Chocolate Glazed Raspberry Filled Doughnut: What could be better than chocolate and raspberry? This decadent version features a chocolate doughnut covered with chocolate glaze, filled with raspberry and topped with a decorative red icing swirl.
- Double Chocolate Glazed Kreme Filled Doughnut: Taking the Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled Doughnut up a notch, this double chocolate version features a chocolate doughnut covered in chocolate glaze, filled with Krispy Kreme’s classic white Kreme and decorated with white icing.
- Chocolate Glazed OREO® Cookies & KREME™ Doughnut: This chocolatey version features a chocolate doughnut glazed in chocolate, filled with cookies & kreme filling, dipped in chocolate icing and topped with OREO® cookie pieces and chocolate icing.
“If you’re taking a brief break from your diet or exercise routine, you may as well make it worth it,” said Dave Skena, Chief Marketing Officer for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. “This is worth it.”
Krispy Kreme is offering an additional start-of-the-year reward. Anyone who joins Krispy Kreme Rewards by downloading the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts app or via krispykreme.com Jan. 14 through 27 will receive one FREE dozen Original Glazed® Doughnuts with the purchase of any dozen at regular price at participating shops across the U.S.
Inspire Americans struggling to keep their resolutions and show us how you’re fueling your chocolate crave with Krispy Kreme’sChocolate Glaze Collection by using #CheatSweet and tagging @krispykreme on social.
About Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation
Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation is a global retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed ® Doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is proud of its Fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds. Krispy Kreme doughnuts can be found in approximately 12,000 grocery, convenience and mass merchant stores in the U.S. The Company has nearly 1,400 retail shops in 33 countries. Connect with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts at www.KrispyKreme.com, or on one of its many social media channels, including www.Facebook.com/KrispyKreme, and www.Twitter.com/KrispyKreme.
About the Survey:
The survey was conducted by TRUE Global Intelligence, the in-house research practice of FleishmanHillard, on behalf of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. The survey included 1,005 adults from the 50 states and the District of Columbia and was conducted from Dec. 27-30, 2018 via Engine Group. Respondents for this survey were selected from those who have volunteered to participate in online surveys and polls. The data have been weighted to reflect the demographic composition of the U.S. adult population. At the time of the survey, participants had to have been at least 18 years of age or older.
* Defined as a rating of 5 or 4 on a 5-point scale, with “5” meaning “extreme craving” and “1” meaning “no craving.”
* Jim White has been compensated by Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for providing his professional opinion.