As Stephane Lind, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Impossible Foods, whose product received a FABI Award in 2018, says, “[The FABI Award] gives us the stamp of approval. The group of people who choose the awardees are well-known and well-respected food professionals in the industry…so for them to give us the seal of approval tells the rest of the industry that this product is amazing.”
While the FABI Awards always increase awareness and drive booth traffic at the Show, 2019 FABI Award recipients will reap the additional attention of being part of the festivities surrounding the 100th anniversary of the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show.
FABI Award product manufacturers enjoy enhanced opportunities to reach attendees. Recognized products are featured during the FABI Awardee Tasting events which give attendees the opportunity to sample many of the products in one place. FABI Awarded products will also be identified throughout the Show floor with prominent signage, driving traffic to their booths.
Additional FABI Award benefits include:
- Prominent placement in pre-Show promotional efforts
- FABI Award logo and custom signage for use in marketing efforts for the life of the product
- High-profile exposure both on and off the Show floor
- Increased media coverage and visibility with influential customers
- 280,000+ impressions through Show attendee marketing, including listing on the Restaurant Show website
- 60M+ earned media impressions, in both trade and consumer outlets
- Feedback from esteemed panel of judges
- Recognition as an industry leader
An independent panel of industry operators and experts evaluate FABI Award submissions for their exciting new tastes, uniqueness in the market, appeal to the operator community, creative approach to operator challenges, or introduction of new opportunities and profit potential. 2019 FABI Award submissions will be judged by:
• Timothy J. Dietzler, Director of Dining Services, Villanova University
• Lori Estrada, Senior Vice President of R&D, Wendy’s
• Marion Gibson, Culinary Development Director, Aramark
• John Li, Senior Vice President of R&D, Bloomin’ Brands
• Robin Rosenberg, Vice President, Chef de Cuisine, Levy Restaurants
• Cammie Spillyards-Schaefer, Vice President of Culinary and Menu Strategy, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
• Bret Thorn, Senior Food & Beverage Editor, Nation’s Restaurant News; Senior Food Editor, Restaurant Hospitality
Visit Restaurant.org/Show/FABI for more details on the FABI Awards, to apply, and to see a list of previous award recipients.
Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association is the leading business association for the restaurant industry, which comprises one million restaurant and foodservice outlets and a workforce of more than 15 million employees. We represent the industry in Washington, D.C., and advocate on its behalf. We operate the industry’s largest annual trade show (National Restaurant Association Show); leading food safety training and certification program (ServSafe); and a unique career-building high school program (the NRAEF’s ProStart). For more information, visit Restaurant.org and find us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.